Saturday, February 4, 2012

Again and again

I have this condition that allows me to listen to the same song, over and over, for large amounts of time.  As I write this, I've had this one song going for at least 40 minutes.  Since it's a 4 minute song, 10 times is not that bad.  But I've gone a couple hours before with other songs.  Although today's quotes don't match this situation, they are about repeating.  You've seen me get on the fact that history repeats itself, even though we try not to.  These quotes are a different look at that.

“It is not worthwhile to try to keep history from repeating itself, for man's character will always make the preventing of the repetitions impossible” - Mark Twain

“Isn't it queer: there are only two or three human stories, and they go on repeating themselves as fiercely as if they had never happened before; like the larks in this country that have been singing the same five notes over for thousands of years” - Willa Sibert Cather

Are you like a lark that has been repeating the same five notes?

No comments:

Post a Comment