Thursday, March 1, 2012

Well spoken

I have tried not to use my favorite authors too much.  For the author below, I have already used two quotes, but have not dedicated a post to him.  I started readying him in high school and, good or bad, he taught me to look at life from different angles.  I may not have always agreed with his point of view, but I had to respect it for what he taught.  I dreamed of meeting him one day.  I doubted the conversation would be intellectual, from my side at least, but I was hoping for the chance to see.  So when he passed in 2007 I realized I had met him through his numerous works which I had read, and that would be the part of him I took forward in life.

"Where is home? I've wondered where home is, and I realized, it's not Mars or someplace like that, it's Indianapolis when I was nine years old. I had a brother and a sister, a cat and a dog, and a mother and a father and uncles and aunts. And there's no way I can get there again." - Kurt Vonnegut, "The World according to Kurt" in Globe and Mail [Toronto] (2005)

What point in time is home for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment